Internationally renowned MegaChips is a fabless manufacturer of devices for the mobile and IoT industries. Our core technologies are critical to a wide range of applications for imaging, audio, communications and more.
Because we are fabless, we can focus our efforts on managing resources, R&D and creating new technologies for value-added applications.
Established as Japan's first fabless LSI company in 1990, MegaChips has developed numerous world-first technologies. We focus on cutting-edge algorithm research and LSI solution development. Working closely with customers in the imaging, audio and communications fields, we introduce timely, original solutions designed to give clients a competitive edge. We also hold a number of patents in both digital and analog technologies.
- Our sensor hub LSI realizes ultra-low power consumption for PDR (Pedestrian Dead Reckoning).
- We develop sub-GHz band wireless communication LSI, and offer technologies for optical communications, wireless, electrical wiring and composite communications.
- DisplayPort is the standard for next-generation video interfaces.
- Our silicon-based MEMS timing device is also an industry leader.
- We partner with US-based Vidatronic and supply high-performance, low dropout (LDO) linear-voltage regulators.
September 2014: MEGACHIPS PRESS RELEASE